[openbeosstorage] Re: ISO9660/cdrom progress

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:05:54 +0100 CET

Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What
> > about the chronological order of the volumes on disk -- is it
> > implied
> > (by the order of appearance) or explicit (time stamp)=3F
> Not sure. Possibly both.

No, I don't think it's that - I dunno if anyone knows Nero, but there
you can actually choose the session to use in a nice tree.
So you could do things like:
1. session
2. session based on 1. session
3. session based on 2. session
4. session based on 2. session

Then you should (IMO) give the users the choice between session 3 & 4,
since they are the latest sessions in their set.

> This is, afaik, not defined. Windows always presents the last session
> on the CD, regardless of whether it is part of a set (even if there
> are
> previous sessions that are *not* part of any set). R5 presents
> everything. I would like to see us present the last session of each
> set
> on the CD by default (treating independent sessions as one-volume
> sets), and offer the option of choosing or switching to earlier
> sessions for multi-volume sets.

Something like this, yes - I think it would be enough flag the main
sessions on the disk, so that Tracker only shows those. Optionally, it
should be able to show all sessions on the disk, though (not
necessarily the correct tree, that would be overkill).

> I will email you the specs, as I forget where I got them from
> originally. :-) If you feel like playing with the volume descriptors
> on
> an iso CD, the iso9660 add-on loops through all the descriptors on a
> volume, and can easily be made to print out more information about/
> from
> each it encounters.

Me too!

Adios...