[ola] Re: Teaching words/phrases for circumlocution and for staying in spanish.

  • From: Herr Grobey <herr.grobey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 18:41:40 -0800

Andrew, I fight this also.  I see the kids for 90 mins every other day.  I
like to use the stop sign-police analogy, that some folks will always stop
at a stop sign as part of the social contract, but some won't unless
threatened with a ticket from the police.  So I dock points when they
persist after polite and jovial reminders.
But count it up and they get 3-4.5 hours of Spanish in one week.  Compare
that to what a child gets before 1st grade.  100% is essential.  But I try
to break it up some, and most of the English occurs on transitions to
writing or other activities.
Keep the faith.  I am starting to see kids adhere to the expectations
without as much pressure from me, and they are beginning to realize that
they can do it.
Tod

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Stel Schmalz <sschmalz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--