[ola] Re: July 22 - volunteers for video, Portland area!!!

  • From: Andrew Van Wagenen <andrewvanwagenen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:17:35 -0600

Hello hello fellow OLA and OWLers,

First of all, best of luck to all of you as you start off the new school
year!

My name is Andrew and I was first introduced to OLA this summer at Century
High School in Aloha, Oregon. The OLA conference there totally enlightened
my mind and inspired me as I move into my first year as a teacher. Being
both my first year implementing OLA and has a high school teacher teaching
Spanish 1 & 2, one of my biggest concerns is how to keep my level 1 and 2
kids, who don't know much yet, in the target language. I would love if any
of you could share any strategies you use in helping your students only use
the target language in class. Thanks in advance and again best of luck this
year.

Cheers,

Andrew

--