[ola] Re: July 22 - volunteers for video, Portland area!!!

  • From: Ashley Uyaguari <auyaguari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:31:09 -0400

And just a note that with my first year 6th graders I didn't allow any
English from day one (although after a week we had an English day to go
over expectations). Right away they had to act, point, draw etc to ask for
a word. I wouldn't respond to English. I'd say ?que?  This worked really
well. What was tougher was training the second or third year students to
stay in Spanish when thy had already experienced a non-ola language class.
The first years pick it up quick! I use A lOt of cognates and actions.

--
Ashley Uyaguari

Spanish Teacher
Spanish Team Curriculum Coordinator
JV Girls Basketball Coach
Innovation Academy Charter School
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
978-649-0432 x3301

This email may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete
immediately without reading or forwarding to others.