[obol] Re: odd Mt Tabor Junco song

  • From: "5hats@xxxxxxxx" <5hats@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx" <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 00:10:37 +0000

Years ago about the beginning of February I kept hearing a song, more of a
trill, really, coming from a brush patch near the barn.  It sounded a lot like
the song of a Field Sparrow, but for a long time I never got a good look at the
singer.  When I finally did, about six weeks after the singing started, it
proved to be a Song Sparrow.  Over the next couple of months it added a note
here and there, and by May it was singing a typical Song Sparrow song.  Sure
had me fooled for a while, though.

Darrel

Sent from Windows Mail