[obol] Re: odd Junco song Mt Tabor

  • From: Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 17:00:20 -0700

a couple of weeks ago I heard an odd song, same location on the top of Mt
Tabor, sounded loud and clear from up high.  but after much neck craning
still could not find the bird, was mystified and thought maybe a new
species to me?, but then settled on perhaps " just" a junco singing some
variation.  thought it sounded junco -like to start, but the ending was
just so different from the usual, did not see any birders around at the
time to ask,  so likely is the same individual bird, whoever he is.

Bonnie Comegys
blcomegys AT gmail.com
NE Portland (Parkrose)