[obol] Re: Boreal Chickadees?

  • From: "Phil Pickering" <philliplc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 15:20:59 -0700

I think it's fair to say the historical pattern of Boreal Chickadee
irruptions in the East has more relevance to the probability of
its occurrence in Oregon than what the Washington population
does or doesn't do.

Phil

-----Original Message----- From: Stefan Schlick
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 2:39 PM
To: matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx ; OBOL
Subject: [obol] Re: Boreal Chickadees?

In Northern WA state (anywhere between Harts Pass and Mt. Salmo), Boreal Chickadees are strictly confined to their habitat of pretty much 5500ft and above. I'm not aware ever having heard of a sighting a few miles "down the mountain" from their habitat. I.e. towns like Conconully or Loomis (the former is birded quite heavily in the winter) just do not see them, in no season.

In summary, Boreal Chickadee is not a species to be expected as a vagrant in OR.

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR