[obol] Re: Boreal Chickadees?

  • From: "Tom Crabtree" <tc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brandon.green18@xxxxxxxxx>, "'OBOL'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 16:17:22 -0800

According to Ebird, the closest current siting of BoChix is in Pend Oreille, WA
on the Canada, Idaho, Washington border. So far it doesn’t appear that they
have irrupted outside their normal range.

Tom Crabtree, Bend

Date: Wed Oct 7 2015 16:40 pm
From: greenfant AT hotmail.com

In Northern WA state (anywhere between Harts Pass and Mt. Salmo), Boreal
Chickadees are strictly confined to their habitat of pretty much 5500ft and
above. I'm not aware ever having heard of a sighting a few miles "down the
mountain" from their habitat. I.e. towns like Conconully or Loomis (the former
is birded quite heavily in the winter) just do not see them, in no season.

In summary, Boreal Chickadee is not a species to be expected as a vagrant in OR.

Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR