[obol] Re: Boreal Chickadees?

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 13:31:39 -0700

I was informed by one OBOLer that Boreal Chickadees do not occur in Oregon,
and where the nearest place to look for them is. Perhaps I should clarify
my post..., which was following up on previous posts by myself and others
on the current chickadee dispersal.

Since Mtn Chickadees have recently shown a small southward movement through
W OR all the way to the coast, and CB Chickadees have staged a phenomenal
movement in W OR, perhaps most noticeable along the coast, I was wondering
if Boreal Chickadees, which normally occur S to NE WA, N ID, NW MT, might
be affected by the same or similar environmental condition as the Mtn and
CB chickadees, and thus be traveling south to somewhere in Oregon as we
speak.

I was wondering if someone like Khanh Tran (sorry for poor spelling in
original post) or anyone else who regularly birds in the region where
Boreal Chickadees occur and/or where the species may be most likely to
enter Oregon (NE OR) had any thoughts or observations.

Hope that clarifies the intent of my original post.

Matt
On Oct 7, 2015 10:33 AM, "Matthew G Hunter" <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Did I get your heart pumping?
... I wonder if whatever is affecting Chestnut-backed and Mountain
Chickadees might also affect Boreal Chickadees. What do you think Kahn,
others? Anyone out looking? Best place to look probably NE OR? Any chance
they could make it to OR Cascades?

Matt Hunter
Melrose