[nanomsg] Re: New release?

  • From: Drew Crawford <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 21:26:14 -0500

For what it’s worth, I had exactly the same reaction.  In fact, msgpack has
recently fixed this misfeature in the specification, although that fix has not
actually trickled down to the public implementations as of yet.

I have an implementation of my own that is one of the only ones that follows
the new spec and correctly differentiates between strings and bytes.

However the fact that I had to do that, is a testament to how bad the
packing/serialization ecosystem really is.

Drew