[muglo] meetings in general

  • From: Douglas Feick <dejl6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:01:25 -0500

I like the dynamics of MUGLO. We have an on-line forum where we can beat a topic to death if we want to, we have structured meetings where a topic of interest to many is addressed in a classroom setting, and we have what has happened the last few meetings where, because of holidays, vacations, or family commitments attendance has been down. The last few meetings have been used to solve problems on a one-to-one basis which has been helpful only for the ones with a problem. In a structured meeting or on the forum these problems wouldn't have been addressed. One meeting we helped with Automator, another with settings on an iphone, and another with getting ebook and audiobook access to the London Public Library system. This flexibility is one of the reasons our MUGLO is successful, but also a problem. The problem is, are we are happy with the status quo, or do we want to grow? ...Doug F