[muglo] Re: meetings in general

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:58:11 -0500

I think I was the one interested at the time and I still am with the same reservation; with Apple sales up 70%, it doesn't need our help promoting any more sales. We do generate a modest income from raffles at meetings and the odd donation. Could we use some of this revenue to print off pamphlets or business cards promoting MUGLO to hand out at dealers, or in Theresa's situation at Best Buy? I would spend a Saturday afternoon at a library or mall every now and then.

On Jan 20, 2011, at 9:34 AM, Theresa Roth wrote:

I also like the dynamics of MUGLO. I have received a tremendous amount of help here.

In the 8 weeks leading up to Christmas I represented Samsung at Best Buy on weekends selling their laptops, a feat I never could have accomplished without what I’ve learned from MUGLO members over the years. This includes becoming comfortable around computers. The store had a FT Apple Rep onsite and I often spoke to her customers about MUGLO as well as my customers who had a Mac at home but were buying something for their kids. At the time, I wished I had had something tangible to hand out as a way of promoting MUGLO membership.

I would like to pay something back to MUGLO but do not know how. Last year, I had suggested we set up in a mall or other busy place to promote MUGLO but only one other person was interested at the time. I know, we re all busy. I’d like to see MUGLO grow and am happy to explore options in that regard.

Theresa

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.