[muglo] Re: iPhoto

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:28:03 -0500

On Feb 18,2007, at 10:51 AM, Terry Genereaux wrote:

> 1 can someone tell me how the Folder Structure works?

Your iPhotos should be in your home folder or : Your Hard Drive Name:
Users (folder) : Your User Name  (folder) : Pictures (folder) : iPhoto
(folder)

I'm not a hundred percent on that as I have moved my folder to another
location to preserve space on the 8 Gig partition I have to use to
house OS X on my computer (ancient G3).  I'm sure others can confirm
the location.  You can always search iPhoto Help.

The folder structure generally has applications saving files to your
user name folder in documents or music or whatever depending on the
application.  You can always save elsewhere by choosing a location in
the File Save dialogue box.  Using your home folder makes it easier to
do a back up as everything is in one place. Because of my set-up I have
set up my own folder system on a separate partition which works for me.

> 2 When I am in iPhoto and got to edit  a pic it changes to the edit
> window, but the pic will not show up in the main edit window. you
> just see the pics along the top but as i scroll across they don't
> show up

I'm still on version 2 of iPhoto.  It might help the rest of the list
if you specify which version you are talking about as there have been
significant changes .  I think iPhoto is now on version 6.  I'm not
really sure what you are asking.

Martin