[muglo] Re: anyone been to the Mountain yet?

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 11:37:20 -0400

Final bit on this, I promise!

Now that you have an Apple store in London, don't be afraid to sign up for
their free workshops. They have them for Pages, Numbers, iPhoto, iMovie, etc.
Copyand take your richly formatted Office documents with you on disk, iPad,
MacBook etc. and ask them to explain how to deal with any lost formatting
elements when convert from Apple to MS platforms. Hell, here in Waterloo, they
don't even mind if you take you own iMac or MacPro to the workshops, but no,
they don't help you lug it in and out!

On 2012-08-04, at 10:22, Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes. Pages opens Word docs although you may lose some fancy formatting if
> you've used it.
>
> Office 2008 & 2011 are fine in ML. 2004 not so much.
>
> Parallels 7 breaks but you just have to download the latest update and
> install it after upgrading to ML.
>
> Overall I'm liking it. Looking forward to the increased iCloud options
> between our Macs and iPad and iPhones.
>
> Chris
>

> On 2012-08-04, at 9:43 AM, Tim Kearn <timmer21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Waiting... have a USB flash drive boot ready to go. Hopefully this weekend.
>> A little concerned about incompatible apps/programs, but been checking
>> roaringapps.com Looking forward to be able to back up to other drives using
>> Time Machine. Currently using Office 2004 and will be moving to iWork. Does
>> Pages open Word docs? Tim
> ---
> The group web site is at http://muglo.ca/Welcome_to_Muglo.html
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo