[muglo] Re: anyone been to the Mountain yet?

  • From: Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:22:19 -0400

Yes. Pages opens Word docs although you may lose some fancy formatting if
you've used it.

Office 2008 & 2011 are fine in ML. 2004 not so much.

Parallels 7 breaks but you just have to download the latest update and install
it after upgrading to ML.

Overall I'm liking it. Looking forward to the increased iCloud options between
our Macs and iPad and iPhones.

Chris

On 2012-08-04, at 9:43 AM, Tim Kearn <timmer21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Waiting... have a USB flash drive boot ready to go. Hopefully this weekend. A
> little concerned about incompatible apps/programs, but been checking
> roaringapps.com Looking forward to be able to back up to other drives using
> Time Machine. Currently using Office 2004 and will be moving to iWork. Does
> Pages open Word docs? Tim
---
The group web site is at http://muglo.ca/Welcome_to_Muglo.html