[muglo] Re: anyone been to the Mountain yet?

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 11:29:00 -0400

Pages not only opens Word docs (as numbers opens Excel, and Keynote opens
PowerPoint) but if you create a document in any of these, you can with a simple
click under the "share" tab email it as a word, excel or PP file, creating
complete compatibility across the platform! It reminds me of the joy of
using/creating Excel items when you could actually use Lotus 123 commands as
way back then you were likely more comfortable using that package. oh far far
you've fallen Microsoft! You used to so understand the users' needs for cross
platform compatibility and now you just don't seem to care!

Word of caution on iWork vs Office. While I'd never go back to entourage, there
are still many things I miss about it and I would give up Ail if I could find
something that would act more like Entourage without the hassle of losing all
my Entourage files whenever they top the 1GB mark. Also, depending on which
version of iWork you get, if you're hoping for iWeb, forget it! Apple no longer
bundles it as part of iWork as in their own words," there are abetted tools
for. creating website available"! Does anyone here have advice on what tools
those might be? Pages, Word and Keynote all see, to have templates, but they
force you to use formats that Apple thinks everyone should have their websites
look like, so I guess everyone should have the same web experience.

Sorry or rambling on a bit! IMHO iWork is a much better value than Office.