[muglo] Toast 5.0.2 and Burned Sessions

  • From: Leith Peterson <lpeterso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 08:29:33 -0500

Some of you may remember that about a year or so ago, I was
complaining that some sessions on my burned CD's were not showing up
on my iBook, yet they would all show up on my 7300.  You made
suggestions that I change to a different brand of CD, try the
Extended format instead of Mac OS and PC Hybrid format, etc.  I also
believe there were concerns about my use of the La Cie 4x4x32x CD-RW
USB burner, but I am still using this burner

Well, I haven't changed CD's, but I know the problem is not with the
CD's as I was using a different brand initially and the same problem
happens with them.

I am burning the CD's on my iBook, running 9.2.2, using Toast
Titanium 5.0.2.  I often burn many sessions onto one CD, each session
being around 3-10 MB.  Therefore, I might have 30 or more sessions on
1 CD.  The problem is that all of the sessions show up on my 7300,
but always the last 6-15 sessions don't show up on my iBook.  I've
been burning using the Extended format, but that hasn't made any
difference.  I thought perhaps the issue was that I had my 7300
formatted for Standard, not Extended, but I recently reformatted my
7300 as Extended and I can still read all the sessions.

Do any of you have a suggestion as to what might be causing this and
how I could solve it?  Pls let me know.  If you think it is a
hardware issue, then maybe I really do need to get another burner.