[muglo] Re: Printing problem on home network

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:30:01 -0400

Gutenprint is what caused my problems, it is not the Epson driver. The only way I could get the downloaded Epson driver to work is to delete all the Epson drivers out of the library.

Gerhard
Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-07-21, at 17:13, Bob McDaniel <rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the info, Wayne. Another thing that has puzzled me is when I choose "Epson Stylus C64 - Gutenprint 5.2.3" is there any point in installing "Epson Printer Drivers v2.4 for Mac OS X v10.6" or "Epson EasyPrint 3.10" ? However, even if I wanted to, I could not find a way to choose them as that option was never presented. When I chose to "Select printer software" (the Snow Leopard version of the window in your screenshot) and a navigation window came up I did not know where to look. A search on Epson did not produce any drivers. I was left assuming that they somehow worked in conjunction with "Epson Stylus C64 - Gutenprint 5.2.3" in the background.

On 21-Jul-10, at 2:45 PM, Wayne Dobson wrote:

Gutenprint (see description below from their site) is a third-party/ last resort driver system for unsupported printers, and is up to v5.2.6 now.