[muglo] Re: Printing problem on home network

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:22:21 -0400

Bob, this problem twigged my memory. I had a similar problem with a Samsung printer last year. Here's a quote from that thread.... it worked in my case - give it a try.

"Thanks for all the tips....... we were close on the driver idea, but
actually it is a problem with Leopard. The drivers I'm using are Linux
based(Foomatic/gdi) and after installing Leopard, the printers have to
be reselected through 'Print setup utility'. This is fine, but Leopard
does not have this utility. After much searching, here's the fix: in
'Printer preferences', select the default printer. Right-click on it
and a menu will prompt 'Reset printing system'. Select this and re-
install the printer/driver and everything works."

On Jul 12, 2010, at 11:37 PM, Bob McDaniel wrote:

Can't get it to work. Am trying to print a Word document on my MBP. When the Printer icon appears in the Dock, i click on it to bring up a window, For a few seconds a message appears stating "Copying printer data ...", then disappears. In the queue beside the document being printed appears "Error". Printer switches to "Ready" mode.

I opened the Epson Printer Utility which reports a "Communication error".

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell