[muglo] Re: Printing problem on home network

  • From: Bob McDaniel <rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:36:41 -0400

No, I never did use a generic driver (though it might have worked). The printer worked with the direct USB connection to the computer but not when shared on a local network. A final oddity was that on the Epson website they recommended for Snow Leopard a driver called Epson EasyPrint 3.10, apparently not a regular Epson driver. However, I also came across an "Epson Printer Drivers v2.4 for Mac OS X v10.6" which was available for download from the Apple support site. I could find no reference to it on the Epson site. Go figure. Anyway I installed both with no positive effect.

On 20-Jul-10, at 8:59 PM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

This may not apply in your case but when I upgraded to Snow-leopard my Epson printer printed but the colours were horrible, I did not seem to be able to do anything to fix it. When I looked deeper I found that it was using a generic driver rather than the one I downloaded from Epson. So I uninstalled the printer, reinstalled and the printer was still using the generic driver. After a couple of days of frustration I deleted all Epson drivers in the library and then reinstalled the printer and all was good again.