[modeleng] Re: was boiler making now bandsaws

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 08:37:54 -0600

Hubert, Ron has the right idea.  Purchase the best quality blades as they
will outlast many of the supposedly cheaper ones.  A couple of things to
watch out for---welds and torch work.  If you have to saw a piece that has
been welded or cut with a torch, be sure to allow enough room between the
blade and the area where the welding etc was done.  It will almost
invariably be hard and will quickly, sometimes instantly, dull your blades
or possibly dull one edge so the blade will no longer cut straight.

As to the table for use in vertical position, I have never in over 20 years
used mine!  I just use the existing small "table" that keeps metal fragments
from getting between the roller blade guides.  To me it is not worth the
time and effort to put the table on the saw.

As you already know, but will know better in the future, you have made a
wise and very useful purchase.

Jesse in windy Tennessee