[modeleng] Re: was boiler making now bandsaws

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:55:04 -0600

Ron,  You shouldn't be losing teeth if the blades are good quality and you
are careful starting the cut by easing the blade into the workpiece.  My
blades almost always just finally get dull, but I have over the years had a
blade or two that lost teeth.  Usually the teeth were knocked out because
the blade suddenly cut into a thin area and not enough teeth were in contact
with the work piece or else I had let it drop onto the work.

Jesse in dark, but still windy and 64.6° F.  Tennessee