[modeleng] Re: was boiler making now bandsaws

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 14:18:48 -0000

Hi Hubert

I'm glad you saw the light!  Don't forget to keep a supply of spare blades,
10TPI for wood, 14TPI for metal bars and 24TPI for thin sheets will see you
through.  I always buy my blades from Axminster, they seem to be good
quality and reasonably priced.  I've never worn a blade out, I usually have
to change them when they start losing teeth here and there.

Fitting an improved table is a good idea, and I keep meaning to do this
myself when I can get around to it.  I'd certainly be interested to see any
pictures when you've completed your modifications.

The first thing I did on mine was to fit a waterproof cover to stop coolant
getting into the start/stop switch!  This is just a piece of thick
polythene, folded around the switch body and wired into place - simple and
effective.

Regards
Ron