[modeleng] Re: What do you make?

  • From: "Brian Merrifield" <pprailway@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:07:13 +0100

What clock are you making, 0.3kg is not a lot to power a clock, 5kg would be
about right for a long case clock.
I built a gravity escapement time piece for my daughter as a wedding present
and when I realised the there was too much friction in the rear train for it
to run properly it went into the dustbin!  The next day it came back out but
there wasn't very much worth salvaging so I started all over again and she
got the clock on her fist anniversary!

Brian