[modeleng] What do you make?

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:27:10 -0500

      My primary focus is locomotives, and I have projects in Ga1 and
7.5"ga under way and a waiting project each in 3.5" and 5"ga.  The Ga1
project is a SECR D-class 4-4-0 and  the 7.5" project is a 2X Tich.  The
3.5"ga project is an O.S. Mogul which was bought in bits in a basket and
will be completely rebuilt and re-detailed to better standard; the 5"ga is
an LBSC Maid of Kent which was bought as a rolling chassis, with boiler,
and the castings to complete.  The chassis is to a superb standard and will
support any level of detailing and finish I care to lavish on it but the
boiler was a piece of trash and will be bandsawed in half.
      My secondary focus is stationary engines, both marine and mill, and I
have several sets of castings "normalizing" under the bench to be done
after my locomotive phase passes.  I also make workshop tools as they
become needed and as I'm able, with a set of revised Geo Thomas bending
rolls near completion.  I occasionally build copper boilers for beer and
castings money.

Regards,
Harry Wade
Nashville  Tennessee