[modeleng] Re: What do you make?

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:06:45 +0200

Errrr!  How do you make 'arf a clock??

Al
--- Terry Lane <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All of the above ;-), well, actually I've only ever
> made 'arf a clock, but I
> will finish it one day.

Regarding the clock well you stop at the point where you discover it takes 5
kg to drive instead of the foreseen 0.3kg. By the way this does funny things
to the drive train.

What do you do?
Well this *** clock is on the bench and will be converted to axles on ball
bearings, the hot air engine runs on these and was a success.
On the field of the steamboat engine there is hope. Finally seem to have
found a suitable design for the boiler. It looks promising but the original
still has to be tested and proved so have to wait till summer to see the
outcome.
Meanwhile trying to collect free time. I keep it in a bucket till I have
gathered enough but there must be a hole somewhere in it.

Regards
Wilfried Vermeiren