[modeleng] Re: Track guage

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:42:02 -0000

As many here will know, my other hobby is restoring vintage electronics.
That too suffers from the "it is old so must be valuable" syndrome.

Look on Ebay and you will often see, for example,  TV sets from the 1950's
with silly asking prices.
The reality is that, with one or two exceptions, they are worth nothing.

Alan
(Who recently collected a large load of Tektronix equipment for "not very
much".)