[modeleng] Re: Not the Wembley exhibition

  • From: Roger Mason <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:40:58 +0100

Hi,

    Ron asked:

>Never mind Donington, I've just heard a rumour that there will be no Wembley
>exhibition next year. It is apparently moving to the MEX's old home of
>Alexandra Palace - does anyone know any more about this?

    This particular question has been answered.

    I have just returned from my three day expedition to Donington and
one of the rumours I heard there was that next year's Donington will not
be at Donington - if you see what I mean.   The reason given was that
the exhibition hall at Donington was to be used extensively for car
auctions.   There were certainly posters about auctions and grey import
cars in the entrance hall.   Anyone know anything about this possible
change to the Donington Exhibition?

    Will it be at The Warwick Exhibition Centre,   or as it is more
properly known:  Mr. Dieth's Barn?

    It was interesting to see that the 2005 Year Planner that was being
given away at the show did not indicate a location for next year's
exhibition!!

       Cheers,

          Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes.