[modeleng] Re: Not the Wembley exhibition

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:17:36 +0200

In my opinion, the sensible idea would be for them to join forces and =
host a
BIG London exhibition actually in Central London where it is easily
accessible to foreign visitors as well as public transport.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.

I second that one big exhibition would be better in my opinion as well. =
For
the comment you read one thing comes always on top of the list, less =
models.
Both seem to be sick in the same bed. Lack of interest from us ME to =
show
our models.=20
So perhaps time for ME and TEE to join forces and come up with something =
new
something entirely different. Perhaps a suggestion to them, ask round =
how we
see things and let us make some suggestions and work from there.
Don=92t know for London but over here nearly all major exhibition =
locations
which are big enough to host such an event are outside town. The big =
ones
over here are located near highway and have their own exit straight to a
huge car park. No need to wind yourself trough endless narrow blocked up
country lanes.=20
I have a love and hate relationship with Dorset which is by far the =
worst I
know.
I like the location of Sandown. I stay in a B&B and from there its all =
back
road which brings me within =BC mile from the parking lot. Bad thing is =
the
timing as the lady of the B&B throws me out on new years night which =
means
spending that night on an empty ferry. It=92s so empty you wonder if =
there is
indeed someone at the helm.=20
Have not been to Alexandra but I booked a 3 day stay so I should be able =
find it in the allotted time. Public transport this time.
Regards
Wilfried Vermeiren
http://users.skynet.be/modelbouw.wilfried