[modeleng] Re: Not the Wembley exhibition

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:30:12 +0100

The London exhibition, held by Meridienne, the TEE people and organisers of
Donington, is moving once again, to Alexandra Palace. Dates, 21-23 January
2005.

The "London" exhibition hosted by ME, the original one, went from, Wembley
to Ally Pally, after being at Olympia, and before that Horticultural Hall,
and is now at Sanden Park. (Hardly call that "London", now can you?)

Give it a few years and the TEE London exhibition will be at Sandown, and
the ME one will be goodness knows where. Probably  even further away from
London.

In my opinion, the sensible idea would be for them to join forces and host a
BIG London exhibition actually in Central London where it is easily
accessible to foreign visitors as well as public transport.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.