[modeleng] Re: Midlands Exhibition.

  • From: peter.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:16:23 +0200

Tim said:
>Encourage her to engage in wife swapping

No way! Swap means I get something else!

Now she is a trainer by profession - teaches people how to use software to
design silicon chips, and trains Guide leaders. Maybe we could set up a
profitable sideline in training model engineers wives on how to look after
model engineers?

Being a radio amateur as well, she doesn't complain about me buying test
equipment, either.

When we both get the time from work, the idea is to build a Sweet Pea
between us. She is the only person ever to have driven both Crofton Beam
Engines (world's oldest working steam engine - the Birmingham museum one
doesn't work, just goes up and down!) and Lion, the world's oldest working
locomotive. The honeymoon was the Severn Valley Railway, the Tal-y-Llyn
Railway and the Ffestiniog Railway.....

Peter Chadwick, currently in Stockholm.