[modeleng] Re: Ally Pally

  • From: "Chris Crosskey" <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:33:00 -0000

Saturday for me too probably.... I can't afford to take a day off work
to go on the Friday as I'm buying a house and will need all the days off
I can muster to sort it out (it does need rather a lot of work).... At
least I'll get a new workshop out of it (3x the size of the current one
with a separate room for dirty/wet/grinding jobs)....BY the time I
finish I'll have enough room for a big lathe to go with the Myford and
my Herbert Simplimill, but unfortunately no money to buy it with .....
I'll have to dust off the designs to switch the Herbert over to a Norton
gearbox for speed selection, cutting all those 12DP gears on a
horizontal mill should keep me out of mischief for a while.....

chrisc