[modeleng] Re: Ally Pally

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:49:36 -0000

I went on Friday and for what it's worth, here's my two penn'orth:

The models - at least 50% were boats, and very good they were too, but
that's not what I went to see.  Sandown was better for locos.

The hall - I loved the bright, airy atmosphere with plenty of natural
light - much better than Wembley or Donington.  The building is very
impressive and worth seeing in its own right.

The layout - I agree the aisles were too cramped while there was unused
space at the ends of the hall.

Other list members - I looked for Tim and Dave but couldn't see either
propping up the bar.  Did meet several people I know, though.

Trade stands - massive trade support, I was able to buy everything on my
list, much to the detriment of my wallet!

Photos - I only took a few, and only of things that interested me, so
they're not a fair cross-section.  It was sunny outside, so I took a few of
the building in all its splendour - if anyone wants these they are welcome
to have them.

Car parking - no comment as I went by train/bus!  The W3 service from Wood
Green is excellent.

Overall - a good show, could do with a few more models, and a pity it
follows Sandown so closely.  Easter time would be far better IMHO.

Regards
Ron Head