[modeleng] Re: Adept/Super Adept lathes

  • From: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 23:22:08 +0100 (CET)

Many thanks Alan, I will appreciate any help, and I have been most gratified by
the number of responses I have had giving helpful suggestions - I hope that I
shall be able to reciprocate, though I have very little expertise.
As I said in my original message, there seem to have been a number of
variations/adaptations, and it may be quite a task to try to sort them out. The
headstock mandrel thread is 3/8 BSF which does seem to be pretty consistent,
but I suspect that there were two very different tailstocks, one with the same
taper as the headstock and another with a much larger taper and a sleeve which
means that the advancing screw does not emerge at the back through the handle.
Regards,
George