[modeleng] Re: Adept/Super Adept lathes

  • From: "shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 20:46:43 -0000

AL, I was never much good with a chisel, never mind accuracy!   Neither did
I ever master the great art of scraping.
I have not bought a file for ages, as I had quite a selection of my own,
augmented by those inherited from my late brother.
I seem to remember the file-making machinery of the last great British file
manufacturer being sold as a job lot to India - many years before India
became a main supplier of tools.

Ah well, so the world changeth!

Do the great firm of Nicholson  still make files in the States?

Cheers!   Hubert