Re: [MoAccess] sample question

  • From: "Jose" <Jose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:03:42 -0500

Well, keep in mind that all of the sounds can be modified and saved.  I
think the timbales sounds are a good starting point.  It really has the
basic materials to work with.

From: Jose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:12:58 -0500

I just sent the song to your private e-mail.  I use the on-board horns.  I
sequence using Sonar, not using the board, but do set all of the instruments
directly on the board, not by sending program change messages.  I have a
template for each style of music I do most communly: salsa, merengue,
bachata, cumbia, and baledes.  Whenever I'm going to do a sequence, I load
the appropriate empty song on to the board and send only the other data.  I
don't want Sonar selecting my voices.  I must shamefully admit that I'm
using Sonar 2.2.  that's not a typo, it's really two point two.  It works
great for me, and I prefer to spend my time making music than configuring
new versions of software.  I do have an XS instrument definition file for
Sonar, but don't feel the need to install it.