[mira_talk] Re: Vector screen

  • From: Leonor Palmeira <mlpalmeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:01:54 +0100

On 15/03/11 11:52, Sven Klages wrote:
2011/3/15 Leonor Palmeira <mlpalmeira@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:mlpalmeira@xxxxxxxxx>>

    [...] Well, from my own point of view, for a whole BAC 454
    sequencing, I prefer to assemble the sequence containing the BAC as
    a whole, and then excise the BAC from the assembly. This allows me
    to make sure the assembly ran well, including around the BAC. I
    don't see the necessity for vector clipping the reads in this
    particular case.

This may work if you have one library per BAC. But in my case, we have a
pool of fosmids (or bacs or whatever clone constructs).
Assembling these without prior vector removal might lead to strange results.

Yes, you're right on that point.

Sven

--
Leonor Palmeira, PhD

Phone: +32 4 366 42 69
Email: mlpalmeira AT ulg DOT ac DOT be
http://sites.google.com/site/leonorpalmeira

Immunology-Vaccinology, Bat. B43b
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Boulevard de Colonster, 20
University of Liege, B-4000 Liege (Sart-Tilman)
Belgium