[minima] Re: Testing the digital board

  • From: Frank <w4nhj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 06:38:22 -0500

Jerry,

I miss read you email. I thought you were using the Arduino Uno to bring up the LCD. I see you just used it to program you chip. Sorry. I have mine running using a Arduino Uno. I don't need the digital board or a USB to serial board. I am using one of Dave's Si570 boards for the level conversion.

Good Luck.

Frank - W4NHJ

-
On 2/5/14, 11:21 PM, Francis Ross wrote:
Jerry,

I got my VFO working this evening. The code works. If you just hook up the LCD you should get text on the LCD. I am not sure what you get if you don't have the tune pot hooked up. If you have the pot hooked up the board comes up at 14.200 mHz. My guess is you have the LCD wired wrong or a bum connection. Make sure you are using the right pins on the Arduino board for the LCD. Should be the 10 pin header pins 8 thru 13 + ground.

Good Luck.

Frank - W4NHJ

On Feb 5, 2014, at 9:59 PM, <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the post Thomas.  I tried a few things. The RW pin is low,
and the RS pin is high, when I adjust the contrast pot all the way ccw I
get blocks across the first line, when I back it up, just as the blocks
disappear, it seems there are characters, very faint,scrolling and about
every second and a half something very faint appears and disappears on
the second line, and this loops again and again. Jerry

K5LRU
Harwood, Texas