[minima] Testing the digital board

  • From: <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 19:40:40 -0700

I finished building the Digital board except for soldering in the si570.
 I would like to test the radiono code and make sure I made the right
comments in the file so I don't fry the si570. I fired up the board and
all the voltages are good: 4.92 out of the 7805 and 3.24 out of the
LM1117, but I would like to run the code and check the 570's voltage.  I
uploaded the radiono sketch to the chip using a Arduino Uno board, and
put the chip in my Digital board, and powered it up.  All that happens
is the LCD backlight lights, but no characters. The contrast pot works.
The circuit draws 24ma but no display. Do I need to do something else.
There is another code file on github, what is that for? Jerry
K5LRU
Harwood, Texas