[macvoiceover] Re: Web Browsing.

  • From: Laura <laura.mcg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:30:53 +0000

I completely agree about the text selection. I'm hopeful Lion will fix that,
because I don't have trouble selecting text on Safari with the iPhone. There
are also certain pages where, if you read in dom mode, paragraph breaks aren't
honoured correctly, and the entire thing just reads as one block of text.
Again, this doesn't happen on the iPhone, so I'm hopeful that'll carry over too.

I think I'd probably welcome single letter navigation, as well, but I don't
miss it nearly as much as I did when I first started using the Mac. The only
thing I really still miss is being able to navigate easily between heading
levels. You can narrow it down, obviously, with the rotor to show you only
level 2 headings, but that's not quite as simple as just hitting 2 on the
keyboard and getting to where you want to be. Even so, I find the trackpad
alleviates that quite a bit, because often I can just touch and be in the
ballpark of where I want.