[macvoiceover] Re: Web Browsing.

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:23:20 -0800

Travis,
I really like the nuympad commander. I deliberately purchased a full
size keyboard with my Mac mini so I could have that feature, but the
Apple keyboards these days don't come with a num pad. You mentioned
using an external num pad, which is an obvious solution for num pad
commander lovers. I had lots of issues in the past with Windows laptops
and num pads that didn't issue the right signals to enable them to be
used as screen reader adjuncts, as for example, with the window eyes
mouse keys. So for the question: is there a particular num pad that is
known to work with a Mac laptops that will issue the proper signals so
that num pad commander will work? Those numpads that didn't work right
with screen readers worked ok for number entry, but I could care less
about that. I want one that will let me have a Macbook Air and use
numpad commander.

Mary