[macvoiceover] Re: Scan-to-Text OCR App

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:55:50 -0800

Hi John,
The state of plustek and Mac compatibility is a sad one. There are
supposedly drivers that will work with a Mac running Lion for the 3800
and I think the 4600. However, those wiork with the Plustek software,
which is buggy and not accessible. Vuescan claims it works with
plustek, but there is somebody on another list who is a vo user who
said that is not the case. It is a shame, because Plustek makes the
only bookedge scanners in the consumer price range, and for folks like
me who can't do the press down the book gig any more, having access to
this great scanner on the Mac, especially now that there is Abbyy
FineReader pro for Mac, would be totally awesome.

Mary