[macvoiceover] My Yosemite experiences

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:00:43 +1300

So far I have had no bed experiences, dictation is not crashing mail, I am
using it now.
Dictation is not perfect but is very good. There is a lot to learn but once
that has been achieved there is a lot I could use that for
I like the new sound effects in mail period
I use FaceTime a lot and there are some new aspects to that including ring tone
options.
I understand Yosemite uses a lot more RAM so am watching for any consequences.
There have been enough new enhancements to make the upgrade interesting.
Yes, keyboard response is still a little slow.
I have a lot of Applications open at the same time and moving from one to
another can be slow
Spelling correction seems to have improved with options being spelt out
There is a new key command option to have text read using Control plus space,
this can use a different voice, and hence a different pronunciation