[macvoiceover] Re: My Yosemite experiences

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:23:36 -0600

One thing I’m pondering as I ponder my options for RAM, not sure if you can
updgrade a Macbook Air, especially one of my vintage, is how we’re getting
pretty good performance out of older machines. I realize that the visual
experience is significant when it comes to OS updates, but we’re getting decent
incrimental performance increases, and I’m still getting acceptable performance
from a 4 year old computer.

Contrast this with the experiences on other platforms, which in my case saw me
looking at my next computer purchase as I took the current computer out of its
packaging. This has a lot to do with the ruggedness of the Air with its solid
state drive, but it’s still pretty cool.

Ian