[lit-ideas] Re: health care

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:55:31 +0000

Thursday, November 25, 2004, 8:17:32 PM, Phil Enns wrote:

PE> Judy Evans:

PE> "Self-diagnosis is not always correct."

PE> Nor is the diagnosis of a physician.

(as previous posts acknowledge)

and so, we have the right to a "second opinion" (on the NHS)

 My father has an embarrassing habit of
PE> asking his doctors what kind of marks they got in medical school.  (He is a
PE> retired high school teacher.)  However the doctor responds, my father then
PE> tells them that he hopes they were paying attention when his illness was
PE> being covered.

As dangerous a question as my (only once used) "Where did you train,
*doctor*?". (A renowned London teaching hospital.)

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx