[lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Paul <Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Oct 27, 2004 6:39 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: flu vaccine

Andy asked what remarks [of his] about retired people [did I object to]?

These:

"The only thing that comes to mind is avoiding crowds during flu season, not
very hard to do when retired."

A.A.  I hate to say I don't see what is so extremely offensive about this.
There's a flu going around, and there's not enough vaccine.  What to do?  Given
that in order to be sick with flu, one must first come in contact with the bug,
avoiding places where flu would be more likely to congregate is common sense.
When one is retired, one is more in control of one's schedule.  Grocery
shopping can be done off hours for example.  Some other simple common sense
measures, and everything's cool.

Andy Amago

Robert Paul
Reed College