[lit-ideas] Re: US Congress and the Israeli Attack on Lebanon

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:58:57 -0400

Andy -
Your logic reminds me of George W. Bush. Are you related?

SS / Portland, ME

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Stan Spiegel <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7/25/2006 12:29:28 AM

Andy -
I'm angry with and very critical of this administration in Washington.
When
I criticize Bush -- the dishonesty, his incompetence, his effort at
intimidating those who disagree with him, his expansion of executive
authority, his curbing of civil liberties, etc, etc -- I'm not being
anti-American. I'm being a patriot. But if bin Laden were on this
listserv -- someone who's committed to the destruction of America --
articulating my views would be foolish. Why should I give bin Laden more
use against us?

That's how I feel about Omar. He looks at Israel the way bin Laden looks
at
America: committed to its destruction. Should I share my disappointment
with
Israel, it would give him more to use against us. Why would I do that?

To you Israel's future may be academic. To me it's not.

Stan