[lit-ideas] Re: Tune in and turn off

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:26:53 -0400

I'm sensing a resistance, which always (yes, always except in select
circles) seems to be the case when discussing feelings and emotions.  The
intellect becomes a shield, a defense against things of the body, which is
the emotions.  The only bodily sensations allowed are sex and food, and
those become obsessed upon.  Food and sex are not emotions.  I like to
think that it started with de Carte, but he simply took the tradition of
separating body and mind and gave it unfortunate authority and credibility.
I can't pinpoint the problem, it might have more to do with rejection of
self awareness.  People don't want to know what they're feeling, so they
climb into their heads and stay there, no matter how destructive it becomes.

Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com