[lit-ideas] Re: The Strident Voice of Defeat

  • From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 16:34:50 -0400

Mike Geary wrote:

"I assert that you have no concept of what it means to be a Black person in
America.  You can imagine some difficulties, I'm sure, but KNOW?"

I like the caps.  Just curious, who does know what 'Black person in America'
MEANS?  I mean, or do I mean 'MEAN', I have no idea what it MEANS to be
white, or male, or Canadian, so it seems to me that it would be quite
something to KNOW what 'Black person in America' MEANS.  But I suppose,
since I am white, someone could tell me and I still wouldn't KNOW.

MEANINGLESS in Nova Scotia,

Phil Enns