[lit-ideas] Re: The Head Butter

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:23:16 EDT

Thank God I wasn't in the "know".  I thought I was the last person on  the
face of the earth to be perplexed by the Zidane thread.

Julie Krueger
========Original  Message========
Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The Head Butter  Date: 7/11/06 3:12:35 A.M. Central
Daylight Time  From: _atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
AR:
> - What game?
>
> I  couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the game.

I'm glad to know I'm  not the only human being who didn't know the game was
on.  I thought  the whole silly business was over and done with last week.
Oh well, you live  and learn.  For instance, today I learned (at about 5 pm
after  returning from St. Louis and reading the Lit-Id emails) that there was
a  person named Zidane.  Zidane?  Sounds more like a drug for  headaches!
Ha!
That was a good one.  On today's evening news I  saw a replay of le incident
du scandal international (that's French --  actually it's Southwest Creole
French -- as perhaps spoken in Utah (an old  Kingston Trio routine for those
old enough to remember the Kingston  Trio)).  And now all the world wonders
why he did it.  You've got  to be kidding.  He did it because he forgot,
that's all.  It  happens all the time.  The forgetting, I mean.  We're all
guilty  of it, of forgetting that it's all metaphor.  Like academia, like
religion, like business, sports is just another metaphor for head butting.
Metaphor, metaphor, metaphor, if only they could get that through their
thick heads.  Almost everything is males head butting over females made
metaphor.  And the gals love it.

Mike Geary
back in  Memphis
hellish reality